Holy torsion bars...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Beat it like a "Red headed step child"... I live in MN and you dont have to tell me about sand,salt & rust! I guess thats why my yukon sits in garage all winter:) Yep....Im the guy that has a 4x4 in the garage and 16 feet of snow and ice on the ground and will drive my 2wd S-10 to work before I even think about violating my yukon!

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used a torch for heat and a air chisel. On my friends tahoe. Took 5 hours of non stop work. Mine took 1. Good luck

OP
OP
P

Puke'n Yuke'n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Used a torch for heat and a air chisel. On my friends tahoe. Took 5 hours of non stop work. Mine took 1. Good luck

:word: I got it all wrapped up.... heated the passenger side red hot with a torch, a good beating with a sledge and peice of brass to fit through that hole on the cross member got it out. :angry94: We just shimmied the cross member enough to do the driverside with the cam/key still in there.

My truck isnt sitting level tho. Passenger side is 3/8" to 1/2" lower! No alignment yet tho, maybe thats why. my camber is baaaad.. lol

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
:word: I got it all wrapped up.... heated the passenger side red hot with a torch, a good beating with a sledge and peice of brass to fit through that hole on the cross member got it out. :angry94: We just shimmied the cross member enough to do the driverside with the cam/key still in there.

My truck isnt sitting level tho. Passenger side is 3/8" to 1/2" lower! No alignment yet tho, maybe thats why. my camber is baaaad.. lol

Oh yeah, that camber is crazy when you first get done! One tire going left and out, one tire right and down. I remember when I got done,I had to drive about 5 blocks.... chirp,chirp, chirp,bang,boom! tires were not liking that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia