High Pitched "Squeak" from 2WD / 4WD selector knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocHolliday

Reaction score
Anyone else here this high pitched noise from the selector knob when the vehicle is placed in anything but 2WD? It's not constant, but pretty consistent. This is my second 2015 Tahoe (first was a lemon) and the same sound comes from the selector knob. Really annoying.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here this high pitched noise from the selector knob when the vehicle is placed in anything but 2WD? It's not constant, but pretty consistent. This is my second 2015 Tahoe (first was a lemon) and the same sound comes from the selector knob. Really annoying.

The same noise in the new 2015i too nooooo cant not believe.

:hmmm2::hmmm2:

Kalirunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
High pitch noise Auto 4wd/4wd switch resolution?

Hi, I just purchased a brand new 2015 Tahoe LS with 4WD. When I turn the knob to switch it to Auto and also the 4WD position, it makes the same high pitched noise as mentioned from the original poster to this thread. Was there ever a resolution to this? If so, what was the cause. I think I will go nuts if it keep happening and I want to get it fixed but I want to know that it can be fixed. I don't want my local Chevy dealership to tell me that they don't hear the sound or something like that...Thanks.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am driving a 2015 12/14 build Suburban rental and it does the high pitch noise. Been in Auto or 4 Hi all week. Very annoying. How did this get past QA?

Kalirunner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've seen this before (my BIL works as mechanic for Chevy). I am glad to know it's a known issue. The annoying thing is that when I took in my new Tahoe for an antenna issue (my compass quit working after 3 days which means my vehicle cannot be located, therefore onstar directions wont work) I mentioned the high pitch noise and had them check it out. The service advisor claims the noise is "normal" and there is nothing they can do. I say BS! Unless the noise occurs on every 2015 Tahoe with 4WD (which it doesn't) it is not normal. The noise will drive me nuts. I am going to see if changing the motor will remedy the issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts