High Country Wheel Rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having some buyers remorse about the awful OEM Rims on my HC. Pretty sure that the "chrome Inserts" and the large center cap that covers the lugs are all plastic. I have never seen rims on a high end vehicle have so much plastic (or any plastic for that matter). Another issue is that the giant center cap is proprieatary and it has the gold bowtie. All of the logos on the exterior of my vehicle are black.

Guess I will be adding rims/wheels to the my list once the rubber is worn ( I am cheap), which in my case has usually been around 20-25k miles with OEM Bridgestone.

IMG_3873.jpg

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gm has actually been doing that for awhile now. Inlaws Acadia Denali is like that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cladded wheels as they are called have been around since at least the mid 2000s. They allow GM to offer a great looking wheel without a lot of extra expense or cost to the buyer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I literally just came back from the dealer and I was looking at those same wheels on a used 17 $40k sierra on the lot and those wheels had some serious curb rash I was like ouch! and at the same time I was like come'on man $40k and you guys can't put some decent wheels on it? no sidewall protection at all on those.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cladded wheels as they are called have been around since at least the mid 2000s. They allow GM to offer a great looking wheel without a lot of extra expense or cost to the buyer.

I think you meant to say....

Cladded wheels as they are called have been around since at least the mid 2000s. They allow GM to charge a premium for an alloy/plastic wheel without a lot of extra cost to the manufacturer (GM).

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But those don’t look good let alone great soooooo....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you buy GM, plastic is just a part of the charm. Has been that way for decades.

Funny tho they give you hubcaps on an alloy wheel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy