HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JB,

I always thought that on the Denali housings, which have the open side marker reflector, that one could put drl led strips above and/or below the bulb where those thin vertical chrome reflectors are.. I'm actually routing the drls to the fog lights on my truck. It's really a pita with the H13 setup to reclaim drls when putting in a b-x projector. The good thing about the Yukons though is the fact that any projector will work because the bulb base lines up between vertical beams as opposed to right on them on the Tahoe.

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have decided that this is my next mod. Question though - to Halo or not to halo? That is the question!

No to halos they make it look cheap like stuff of ebay. Halos to me only belong on one car...bmws.

The led strip of light has become super popular on factory cars now. I just think leave it off. Love the way they look on Audis thou.

You most def. should get a retro, I love mine, come see it in person if you ever make it down south. You can find me mostly in austin but I have a house here in Temple

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

JB,

I always thought that on the Denali housings, which have the open side marker reflector, that one could put drl led strips above and/or below the bulb where those thin vertical chrome reflectors are.. I'm actually routing the drls to the fog lights on my truck. It's really a pita with the H13 setup to reclaim drls when putting in a b-x projector. The good thing about the Yukons though is the fact that any projector will work because the bulb base lines up between vertical beams as opposed to right on them on the Tahoe.

The side strip of LED would be sweet looking, I love they way they look on the eskys. Have you started on yours serge? I wish I could get DRL put on mine but i dont mind it that much.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost started ... I sent new oem housings, Philips DL-50 'fat boy' bulbs, and all leds to customlightz. He already has the LS460 projectors and the 50W ballasts. He's going to get started and then I'll spend a weekend down in Richmond getting them installed and lined up.

I'm sure JB will agree with this ... it is always preferable to have the retrofit done in person, especially for someone like myself who lacks even the most basic mechanical skills. But many folks don't have that option as qualified retrofitters are few and far between, and for some reason all decided to congregate in the NYC area. :)

BFC is the only reputable retrofitter that offers an 'off the shelf' solution ... as such, I thought it worthwhile to invite him over so that he can answer questions that I am not armed to do so myself. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Oh and before anyone asks ... no I'm not getting a cut. Just the satisfaction that comes every time one less PnP hid kit in reflector housings is on the road. :D

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Package listing right here :: http://blackflamecustoms.com/produc...on-denali-projector-retrofit-headlights-p-100
Let me know if you have questions.

JB, I believe JZ BLK 06' was asking if you have a Yukon Denali NBS (00-06) package. I haven't seen one on your site but I think there might be decent demand for an 'off the shelf' basic retro package for all NBS trucks (Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, etc).

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost started ... I sent new oem housings, Philips DL-50 'fat boy' bulbs, and all leds to customlightz. He already has the LS460 projectors and the 50W ballasts. He's going to get started and then I'll spend a weekend down in Richmond getting them installed and lined up.

I'm sure JB will agree with this ... it is always preferable to have the retrofit done in person, especially for someone like myself who lacks even the most basic mechanical skills. But many folks don't have that option as qualified retrofitters are few and far between, and for some reason all decided to congregate in the NYC area. :)

BFC is the only reputable retrofitter that offers an 'off the shelf' solution ... as such, I thought it worthwhile to invite him over so that he can answer questions that I am not armed to do so myself. :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Oh and before anyone asks ... no I'm not getting a cut. Just the satisfaction that comes every time one less PnP hid kit in reflector housings is on the road. :D

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

JB, I believe JZ BLK 06' was asking if you have a Yukon Denali NBS (00-06) package. I haven't seen one on your site but I think there might be decent demand for an 'off the shelf' basic retro package for all NBS trucks (Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, etc).

Wow your Kit is gonna blow mine out of the water, no surprise there. haha

metal4all6, Here is a pic of them installed. Ill create a thread once i get the suv washed.

6853075165_a07176035d_b.jpg

BFC Automotive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Matt...

Thanks for the link but I have on 06'. Shoot me a PM with some options if you could. As Serge stated I'm sure there would be alot of NBS guys interested :D

Jason - Got your PM -- if you could email me directly off the website.

I can't reply to PM's yet -- I'm still a SUPER noob.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

LED strips on the side could look great too Serge let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jason - Got your PM -- if you could email me directly at jb [at] performanceautosolutions.com

I can't reply to PM's yet -- I'm still a SUPER noob.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

JB

Sent you an email directly.....thanks

-J

OP
OP
randuff

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You most def. should get a retro, I love mine, come see it in person if you ever make it down south. You can find me mostly in austin but I have a house here in Temple

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Oh damn I didn't realize you were in Austin Hook'Em baby!! I went to UT

So halos are out for sure. I just wish I could get FX-R projectors or something similar after reading the posts on HIDPlanet but apparently the housings in the Tahoe lights are a bit too limited.

I guess when I get my little monthly bonus in a couple weeks I will order from BFC. I love that my company added a bonus program to my payplan which is basically a gimme to obtain, gives me extra money to spend on my Hoe, and my SUV as well. :pimp:

BFC Automotive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info coming along in here. To be honest though from that other thread the FX-R's will fit. We just don't do them because of the fact that you need to cut a metal beam and trim on the ballast bulb plug to get them in. That never made us comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed