HID's went in... Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very well educated response, that what i wanted to know.
i had my depo's modded a lil and had infinity fx glass lens put on them, not the hole projector retro though

i had 55w 6000k in my depo's in the tahoe and it looks 80% of how my navi looks with stock hid and 5000k bulbs i bought
Scott, your cut off is ******* awesome! those damn tsx projectors...i'd pay a nice penny for someone to retro a pair of navigator headlights with tsx projectors. id be the only one in the world with that setup

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
very well educated response, that what i wanted to know.
i had my depo's modded a lil and had infinity fx glass lens put on them, not the hole projector retro though

i had 55w 6000k in my depo's in the tahoe and it looks 80% of how my navi looks with stock hid and 5000k bulbs i bought
Scott, your cut off is ******* awesome! those damn tsx projectors...i'd pay a nice penny for someone to retro a pair of navigator headlights with tsx projectors. id be the only one in the world with that setup

That would be pretty cool. I know nothing about the Navigator headlights, or I'd try to point you in the right direction.

When it comes to the color of the HID's, there is a lot more explanation in why blue is not good and the lower Kelvin colors are better. I won't get into much unless someone really wants me to, but blue light is particularly bad for glare to on-coming traffic, especially for older people. It has to do with our eyes, the light wavelengths, and how as the older we get certain parts of our eyes degrade...the blue lights just make all of that worse. Plus they truly do suck for driving in/on rainy conditions.

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wanna see some pics of the depo's installed....I have the Xe Sightings x2020 on my truck and love em...

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be pretty cool. I know nothing about the Navigator headlights, or I'd try to point you in the right direction.

When it comes to the color of the HID's, there is a lot more explanation in why blue is not good and the lower Kelvin colors are better. I won't get into much unless someone really wants me to, but blue light is particularly bad for glare to on-coming traffic, especially for older people. It has to do with our eyes, the light wavelengths, and how as the older we get certain parts of our eyes degrade...the blue lights just make all of that worse. Plus they truly do suck for driving in/on rainy conditions.

X100

you might say "I dont care if people get blinded by my blue light," but as mentioned above, anything above 8000k is putting a huge strain on your eyes. It's like reading a book in a dark room with the flicker of the tv as your only light source.

I'm saving up to do a sweet projector low and fog retrofit, but until then my lights remain adjusted lower out of courtesy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv

Latest posts