Hidden compartment holster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm going to be in the vehicle for an extended amount of time and I don't want it IWB I have a holster simply clipped to the door pocket. Works well doesn't side around and quicker to get to if needed.
96892d2dc83ff484ccaaede0de6f4d19.jpg

Sent from my V10 using Tapacrap

Last edited:

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
If I'm going to be in the vehicle for an extended amount of time and I don't want it IWB I have a holster simply clipped to the door pocket. Works well doesn't side around and quicker to get to if needed.
96892d2dc83ff484ccaaede0de6f4d19.jpg

Sent from my V10 using Tapacrap
Nice gun, I have the mod 2 45, my holster is mounted on the pocket by my right knee, I can even fit my mod 2 and shield behind the hidden screen too.

wingdad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since the area is small and my EDC is a Sig Sauer, I keep a small S&W Hammerless Airweight .38 Spl. in a simple vinyl holster with Velcro on one side. I then glued the mating Velcro to the interior of the compartment for easy access and so it stays put when one of us draws the weapon.

In states with the Castle Doctrine, you're able to carry concealed in your home, vehicle, and car.

Best of luck!

MBRedline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In states with the Castle Doctrine, you're able to carry concealed in your home, vehicle, and car.

Best of luck!

Not trying to be controversial but I dont want people to misunderstand. The castle doctrine is not a law or a legal right to carry a firearm. Most states require a concealed carry permit to carry a HANDGUN (which is the topic of this post) hidden in a vehicle or on your person. You can carry locked in a container without a CCP.

But every state is different in the laws and extent to which you can carry.

I wouldnt recommend driving through Maryland or the new England states thinking anything goes cause I'm in MY car.

To the OP, I personally like a magnet or magnet holster beside right leg on inside of the console, it may be possible to retrofit a magnetic holster in the valet safe. That would be great for times when I would be leaving my carry in the vehicle.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know if the cubby hole is the same on the Escalade models. Buy my s&w shield fits perfectly behind the screen

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seeing how the screen doesnt lock w/o setting a valet code each time...
seems better to do a console safe.

GM should have added a better option to lock it or not have power when vehicle not running

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did put a switch on my screen, it's in a different thread. I am thinking about adding a relay so it would do just that, only open when the vehicle is running.

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the map pocket by my right knee. My leg conceals it when it's there, but then I just grab it and go when I get out.

I feel like behind the screen would hamper draw if something actually we're to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792