Hid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:think:My hids came in. and the boxes are labeled 9006 and 880 but does it say somewhere what K intensity they are? They should both be 6000K but just wondering because one has a blue stem inside and the other has a white one.
Also do the 880 always have a bare black and red wire? looks as if something is missing. They could have been packaged better!

Attachments

• 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 46

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K, looking at the pics, it looks like those bare wires go to the lamp sockets, not the 2-piece connectors. I had lamp sockets on both ends of mine, and just cut them off and removed them because I didn't need them. You only need the 2-piece connectors to plug into the ballast. (I'm going from memory and only on my 2nd cup of coffee, so don't go snipping until someone else confirms.)

As for the stem colors, are you talking about the blue upright from the base to the tip of the bulb in that 3rd pic? If you are, I think that blue is just an insulator and I wouldn't give it too much more thought about the color. I can see where you might be going with it though - blue for blueish light, white for whitish light. I don't think mine said the colors anywhere but on the invoice, but it's been a while since I installed mine. Maybe someone with the 3000's can comment if that stem was yellow, might give a clue.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
my 3000k's were yellowish tinted. those little bare end wires on the 880's you can just remove. you won't use them. plug the oem fog bulb plug right into the ballast and then to the bulbs.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Boo: Alright I guess I will be snipping wires. ANother thing I thought these came with a mounting bracket not tape. Then I guess for a good price you get what you get.
Yes sir I was concerned with the stem color in the bulb. Invoice? the only invoice was the one on the computer when I ordered. Nothing in the box. I was just hoping their was a way to confirm that they are the correct to the order and both 6K. Did Not wanting nothing higher on the scale and Blue.
Well thanks guys for the info. If anyone else knows anything it would be appeciated.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine didnt come with anything saying what temperature they were, i just got my fogs in recently to match the same temperature as my headlights and they are the right temp

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My box said the info!! I ordered my lows and fogs the 4500K's!! Also, my 4500K fogs had a blue stem so I don't think the color means anything but you never know!!

Attachments

• DDM1.jpg
    DDM1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 21
  • DDM2.JPG
    DDM2.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 16

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Ummm, on the 880's I plugged the red and black wires in to where they are supposed to go. It was kind of self-explanatory when you take the other bulbs out. I wouldn't cut them off just yet. Unless ya'll have another way to wire things, you need those.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
Ummm, on the 880's I plugged the red and black wires in to where they are supposed to go. It was kind of self-explanatory when you take the other bulbs out. I wouldn't cut them off just yet. Unless ya'll have another way to wire things, you need those.

i must have a different way than you then cause i've installed a couple sets of the 880 fogs and didn't need those for any of them

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you bro. I am currently at work so I have not had time. I won't remove nothing till I get under their and actually see what is going on. My 1st concern was that they were missing a connector plugs since they are just open wires. I saw two other connectors and figured one for the bulb and the other for the ballast. I am assuming the ballast is just powered by the OEM bulb connector.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
I am assuming the ballast is just powered by the OEM bulb connector.

thats how mine and the other set i hooked up are. the oem plug you would normally plug into the foglight bulb plugs into the ballast. then the two wires coming out the ballast plug into the two plugs on the bulbs. very simple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman