HID Kit Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after doing some research and asking around I had some questions about HID Kits and what I needed to buy with them to complete my install for my Tahoe.

I see that companies offer relay and canceller kits. Do I need them both, only one of them, or do I not need them at all?

With that being said, is there somewhere I can get some specific instructions on installation of this kit?

Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What type of "kit" are you doing? A retrofit kit where you put the proper lighting/projector in there or are you just using a plug n play kit?

More info on retrofits vs PnP kits here - Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its s tahoe, get the Sylvania x2020 kit. Love mine in my silvy and hoe

Last edited:

mmeachem

Reaction score
I purchased the zenex kit off of amazon and have had no issues. Comes with 1yr warrenty and have slim and reg sized ballasts.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my low beams and fogs using slim DDM Tuning Hids since early 2010 on the Tahoe with no issues at all. They always work great and thats a long time if you ask me for such a inexpensive kit.
I used the relay harness on the low beams. The fogs I just plugged into factory connectors. It's all plug and play. The only thing I had to plug in backwards into connector due to the reverse polarity. I recommend them. My Impala also has them. Thinking of installing some in my daughters Fusion as well. The fusion has the projector lamps so I am curious to see how it well look.
Also a couple of friends have followed and are happy with them.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Ended up getting HID's for the Lo-Beams and LED Projector Bulbs for the fogs. Got everything installed over the last 2 nights as parts arrived.

69075C95-2AE3-4543-BF7C-ABEB0CF800D9_zpsxvbsmbp8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019