Hid in Halos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmeachem

Reaction score
I know Hids should be put in proper projectors but i stumbled upon some cheap halos and need some help.

Will the h3 hid bulb fit in the socket? How would I wire the hid to the headlight socket which goes to the existing wiring?

Attached is a pic of the wiring and and socket.

Thanks
3faa8d1a1157dc430f59fd6ae43da5eb.jpg

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does h3 hid bulbs and halos have to do with anything? Lol but no you need a 9006 to go in the stock low beams. And you use a hid relay harness for connecting to the stock wiring

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That housing looks like it needs a different bulb then the stock 9006 which is probably where he is getting the H3 from

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
What does h3 hid bulbs and halos have to do with anything? Lol but no you need a 9006 to go in the stock low beams. And you use a hid relay harness for connecting to the stock wiring

Because the housing calls for h3 bulbs then have a harness converting them to 9006. Im asking if anyone knows whether or not the h3 hid bulb fits in that socket and how to wire up the hids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

That housing looks like it needs a different bulb then the stock 9006 which is probably where he is getting the H3 from

Yes thats where I got it from, Ive wired hids before and know the stock bulb is 9006.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. The pic wasn't showing up when I first posted.

It looks more like a h1 to me. But if the housing days h3 then it's a h3.

If your putting a hid bulb in, then you will have a h3 bulb with amp connectors, those hook to the amp connectors on the ballast. Then you can plug your stock 9006 plug straight into the ballst. Or the preferred way is to use a relay harness to power the hid ballast

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
Ah. The pic wasn't showing up when I first posted.

It looks more like a h1 to me. But if the housing days h3 then it's a h3.

If your putting a hid bulb in, then you will have a h3 bulb with amp connectors, those hook to the amp connectors on the ballast. Then you can plug your stock 9006 plug straight into the ballst. Or the preferred way is to use a relay harness to power the hid ballast

Yeah its says h3. The hids should be in Friday, any other tips about the wiring would be much appreciated.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It had a halogen bulb I presume, did the old bulb have a screw in it to secure it? Or just the fold over tab? Cause like I said it looks alot more like a h1 bulb socket to me.

Can you post a pic of the h3 to 9006 adapter. Particularly the h3 side? Just want to make sure

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
It had a halogen bulb I presume, did the old bulb have a screw in it to secure it? Or just the fold over tab? Cause like I said it looks alot more like a h1 bulb socket to me.

Can you post a pic of the h3 to 9006 adapter. Particularly the h3 side? Just want to make sure

It is an H1 the lights came with a wrong booklet which states H3 should be used but the old bulb says H1

Here is the pic of the wire harness

f9e9ec32146e9b642d72d544dc26927c.jpg

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah okay. I thought so. Just wanted to make sure you got the right bulbs.

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
Ah okay. I thought so. Just wanted to make sure you got the right bulbs.

Yeah thanks for the heads up, now wiring up the hids, what would I plug into the h1 to 9006 harness, the wire from the ballast?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21

Latest posts