hid help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flashlight_65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello everyone, i bought a 2002 tahoe ls not too long ago and am starting to get my ducks in a row to start working on it. i've been looking at a lot of threads on here and learning more and more about my vehicle, even got some help from thehoe92 on a different forum (stevemeadedesigns.com)
this is the place i jump back and forth from SMD so i can see if what i want to do will work or figure out how to do it. so it's cool that i have such a huge knowledge base to utilize.

well enough of the ass kissing.

i bought a ddm 8k 55w kit for the high and low beams and a 8k 35w kit for the fogs and was wondering where the hell the stock plug goes in. i got 2 pics if you guys can tell me which is correct.

A.
IMG_0363.jpg
or
B.
IMG_0364.jpg

sorry if this thread is in the wrong place

Last edited:

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a wire going through the black grommet that is loose and you can pull it both ways, you can remove that. with 55 watt kits you should be using a relay harness, usually the 35 watt kits your okay running with stock wiring. But your stock 9006 plug goes into the ballast, then the 2 wires out of that ballast go to the light bulb.