Hi from Germany

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kowalski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi from Germany!

I am Falco and just bought a '99 Tahoe 5.7 Vortec 4 door and 4WD. I find this forum very helpful for my first steps of finding out what is wrong with my new purchase.

I will post another thread about what is currently wrong with my car. So here I would like to just say that I like German but also American cars a lot. Just recently I sold my '95 Caprice Station Wagon (the whale) which I also liked but as the Tahoe came along the way I decided to sell my Caprice. My son is 15 years old and we both like to work on our cars and our boat ('77 Glastron V184 with 5.7 Merc.).

About the Tahoe: it has 240 tkm on the clock and I bought it for just 3400 USD which is a quite a good bargain over here but idles quite rough and doesn't fire on all cylinders - still a nice car though. I am sure we will fix the problem, soon. Maybe with your guidance.

Have a good day and best whishes!

Falco

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Welcome! It’s nice to hear from a fellow enthusiast in other parts of the world. There’s nothing better than sharing a passion like cars with your children.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Falco! Nice find.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Party.

There is a wealth of information and experience here. Good thing too, it parts for those ole Tahoe are affordable.

Cheers from the other side of the pond.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Iowa, USA. Would love to see some pictures of your Tahoe.

There are a few other folks here from Germany as well.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from New Hampshire, USA.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon, Falco. Since you named the station wagon The Whale I was wondering if you’ve named the Tahoe and if so what interesting name you decided on. :head3:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Southern California! We love pics around here! Lol awesome to hear that you and your son enjoy working on cars together!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Please post pics of the Tahoe when you get a chance.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Greets Falco!

Welcome from California. That truck that will get you a lot of attention. Did you find any good options to improve the US spec headlamps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts