Hi All (From NoVA)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh0351

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All!
I'm Josh from Fredericksburg, VA. We just traded in my wife's minivan for a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ (black on black w/ 2nd row captain's chairs). It took us just under six weeks to find exactly what she wanted, to include mileage and price. :Boo: The black on black is a hard item to find with the right mileage and price, but we finally found "the one" a few days back on July 5th.

The wife is very excited with the new pony in the stable, and especially since it's "her" vehicle. In fact she's already named it - something I thought only guys did when they absolutely loved their vehicles! I share her excitement albeit shrouded with slight envy. It's a damn nice vehicle! :rockit:

I had a several crotch-rockets throughout my 20's that I wrenched and modded with the assistance of a few forums like this, and graduated to Mustangs into my early 30's still continuing the upgrading and forum-dependency trend. :party: I now roll in a Maxima that I did a lot to years back, but reversed it all in the last few months in preparation for my eldest daughter who will inherit it as her first vehicle here in a few months. (*I'd almost forgot how much fun installing new springs are (NOT!) until I did it again last month.) :emotions122:

So I'll be in the market for a vehicle soon and in the meantime thought I'd check out the forums for Tahoe's, and all other beasts Chevy/GM which landed me here. Not sure how much I'm going to do right away since it's my wife's daily driver and of course I don't want to do anything too extreme that will void the GM Certified 12 month warranty, but HID's are high on the list. (Tinted her out on day one, so that's done.) But I'll probably be lurking around reading posts, researching, learning and occasionally posting questions. (And yes, I know how to use the search feature and am well versed in forum etiquette even thought I don't and probably won't have a high post count).
Cheers! :cheers:

-Josh

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Josh from a DC neighbor.

Yeah I remember when I first registered 'just looking' ... that was about $5k ago. :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum! Serge is gonna be so happy to have a local friend now!

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah I remember when I first registered 'just looking' ... that was about $5k ago. :)

Lmaooo ...welcome josh MD member here

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

hahhahah... damn it... a few thousand dollars later and i'm still un-satisfied with a growing list of mods...

Welcome Josh! I have the same vehicle as you but inverse colors, good choice :Handshake:

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahhahah... damn it... a few thousand dollars later and i'm still un-satisfied with a growing list of mods...

Welcome Josh! I have the same vehicle as you but inverse colors, good choice :Handshake:

It's a sickness.lol I'm trying my hardest not to build the family Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667