HELP!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murdered99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would cause this ? Trying to get to the bottom of my Tahoe problem . Since I dropped tthe engine back in from changing seals . It hasn’t ran right . Oil pressure gauge reads low after truck warms up . When I drive it , It runs really weak . Can barely get up hills . Well 2 mechanics have looked at it . New distributer , New rotor cap . Spark plugs . Spider unit . Oil sending unit replaced . Since I got it back from having all that done , Still don’t run right . I took it upon myself to start researching and trying to fix it . Been tweaking with the air intake , Had a aftermarket k&n intake , I got a OEM intake and installed it due to the air fuel ratio not being right . (Blowing black smoke out) Well I put the OEM on . At first it didn’t make much of a difference . I unplugged the Mass Air Flow sensor , Truck cut off . I plugged it back up turned tthe truck on , Let it idol for a few . Idoled a lot smoother , Oil pressure read a steady 20 in park (2nd video) it usually idols from 0-10 when it idoled rough . Took it down the road and it ran GREAT . Wasn’t running weak , Shift when it was supposed to . Got it back home , Cut it off , Went back out about 30 minutes later and let it sit for a minute , Tried to hold rpm at a steady 2500 and it dropped almost all the way down for a 2nd then revved up to 3000rpm , it’ll idol at 3000rpm for a 10 second then it dropped to 2500rpm , About 2 seconds after that it dropped all the way down again and jumped back up to 3000rpm . I’m assuming it’s a sensor of some kind ? After U unplugged and plugged the mass air flow sensor it seems to have fixed all my problems , But I cut the truck off went back out a little later and crunk it up and seemed to go back to what it was doing before . Any help will be greatly appreciated . If you have any questions please ask .

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are likely storing some codes, What are they? A live scan will show/graph selected sensors too. Also attach vehicle specifics and list work performed.
"I posted as little info as possible. Help me."

JackFox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
impossible to help. needs to be seen by a professional. WOuld like to hear what all happened next. please respond if you get this and update!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan