Help with Shocks/Struts...ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shahking1120

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 2011 Tahoe lt/texas edition, with the zw7, 6RN/7RN codes. Ill attach a pic of the build sticker

The last time I replaced shocks/struts I replaced with the following part numbers and the ride just wasn't the same... I double checked my work and part # and they kept showing as correct...but something was off..the ride wasn't as smooth, especially over bumps and stuff. I know its not going to be the same as when it was new but it felt like a completely different and much older vehicle.
ferent vehicle..

Front: ACDelco 540-615
Rear: ACDelco 540-629

I've replaced sway bar bushings and links to no avail...

Now, at 205xxx miles, I was thinking about doing the job again and reordering the above parts...but before I buy parts for all 4 corners again, are there any other bushings/parts I need to change?

I'm just looking for a stock or more comfortable ride... or am I asking for too much out of a 200k mile tahoe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

IMG_0046.jpg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I redid the whole front suspension in my 2007 XL Denali with 200K on the clock, and it made it feel like a new truck again. I did upper and lower control arms with ball joints, tie rod ends, stabilizer bushings and links - every wear and rubber item, essentially, except the magneride shocks as they'd been replaced previously.

I also have a 2012 XL Denali and it feels noticeably more old and tired than the 2007 now, and previously it was the opposite.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 2011 Tahoe lt/texas edition, with the zw7, 6RN/7RN codes. Ill attach a pic of the build sticker

The last time I replaced shocks/struts I replaced with the following part numbers and the ride just wasn't the same... I double checked my work and part # and they kept showing as correct...but something was off..the ride wasn't as smooth, especially over bumps and stuff. I know its not going to be the same as when it was new but it felt like a completely different and much older vehicle.
ferent vehicle..

Front: ACDelco 540-615
Rear: ACDelco 540-629

I've replaced sway bar bushings and links to no avail...

Now, at 205xxx miles, I was thinking about doing the job again and reordering the above parts...but before I buy parts for all 4 corners again, are there any other bushings/parts I need to change?

I'm just looking for a stock or more comfortable ride... or am I asking for too much out of a 200k mile tahoe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

View attachment 257482
I have 2012 Tahoe LT. Put a new MiVo tech suspension kit in along with lower control arms. The same AC Delco 540- something OEs and Bilstein 4600 shocks on the rear and it is not a smooth ride. It's firm, no noise, hardly any role, but I feel every bump in the road and it's not comfortable.

What did you end up installing?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

The last time I replaced shocks/struts I replaced with the following part numbers and the ride just wasn't the same...

Those are the right part numbers. If you did not change ALL of the other components then it is not going to ride the same. The strut mount, spring pads, etc. all play their part in delivering a nice ride.

Mine rides like an old Cadillac going straight, handles better in the turns and these are the parts we changed:

1649301697799.png

Pay particular attention to the smaller parts like the seats and insulators and jounce bumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts