Help with Power door lock relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I need some help. I am confused as to whether or not my Tahoe (1997 2 door) has a power door lock relay. There is a relay (was I lost it) in the exact location it should be, but mine is a 5 wire/terminal instead of a 6 wire/terminal. I got a relay from a 1998 4d Tahoe at the PnP but it is 6 wire and will not fit. This is how the wiring is and colors are for the pigtail that is in my truck.

wiring-1.gif

If someone can help me with a part number of the correct relay or tell me to stop looking there and the issue is somewhere else. Fuses are all good. Every time I look up the relay on a website it comes up with the 6 wire relay and there is no other option.

p.s. Don't laugh at my mad paint skills lol

Here are some pics of the actual pigtail

DSCF1038.jpg

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
dude i am looking into the diagrams but from what i see you are missing that 6th cavity with the lt blue wire but all others are as they are supposed to be. texh data showa that 2-4 door utility and crew cab shows it uses a relay whlie pickup ups don't. the light blue wire you are missing activates the lock function of relay. even the key-less entry option shows a 6 way connector tho a wire has changed it color. i am stumped as well.

OP
OP
nate3531

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it possible someone used a wiring harness from a pickup to replace the wires in my Tahoe or Chevrolet used the pickup harness on 2 door Tahoes in 97? If that's the case what is that relay I unplugged for and what is the part number to get a new one?

I will double check but I'm sure I have voltage at the correct wires on the drivers side switch to lock and unlock, but the voltage is not being sent to the lock actuators. Which would make sense if a relay was missing or dead...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
As in provision not if is possible but the two door pickup did not use the relay anvil they did provision it it is still technically one wire short.

OP
OP
nate3531

nate3531

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well lets rule out that as the pigtail for the door lock relay, what do you suppose it is for? Maybe the remote keyless sensor module? Could the relay module pigtail be hidden somewhere in the dash?

I really don't wanna take the whole dash out but I may have to. I really want these damn locks to work and wire in my aftermarket keyless system.

cchuckie51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello say i have a 99 and i am looking to find the door lock relay i have no power to mine no locks work not even with fob any help would be great thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz