Help with bad reviews on 2015+ Tahoe's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hattie2879

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe and about 20k miles on it, I've driven from TX to CA in it and plan to do that trip again in May. I've had no issues and haven't noticed anything concerning (other than the TINY side mirrors - which I replaced with Escalade mirrors).

However, I did buy mine new, so like others have said, do as much research on the specific one you're going to buy because you don't know how other people did/didn't take care of it when they owned it.

Good luck!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No vehicle is a sure thing (other than a Toyota Tacoma :) ), but I'd suggest steering clear of 2015 and look for a clean 2016 or 2017. You stand a good chance of doing just fine overall.

OP
OP
L

Lloyd Jones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No vehicle is a sure thing (other than a Toyota Tacoma :) ), but I'd suggest steering clear of 2015 and look for a clean 2016 or 2017. You stand a good chance of doing just fine overall.
LOL. Even the Tacoma has had some problems. Just time to get something bigger and more comfortable for the back. Thanks everyone for easing my worries, after seeing the negatives. Most of the vehicles I've owned have been GM but been awhile.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m turning in a very low mileage 15 Tahoe ltx to a dlr in nyc tomorrow. That doesn’t help you.
Sorry

Yukon1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Currently looking into buying a 2015 - 2018 Tahoe. Been reading reviews and they are not positive. Between a/c, brakes, engine mounts, gps shutting off. Just wanted some real world info, if y'all don't mind. I've been a chevy guy for years but running a tacoma for the last three years. It's time to get into something bigger again and first thoughts were Tahoe or Suburban. Just reviews are scaring me since i'll have to get something with higher miles due to cost.

Thanks for any input y'all can provide.

Buy the GMC Yukon, and make sure you purchase it from a GMC dealer. You can find many 16-18 Yukons available, BUT MAKE SURE IT'S CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED. It comes with a better warranty than a new truck.

There are a lot of 17-18 lease returns available with low miles.
But do not buy one from a private lot or private owner, make sure it is from a GMC dealer, and if they don't sell it as certified pre-owned stay way from it.

I purchased a 2015 Yukon in 2016, and I have had excellent service out of my truck. It had 17k on it when I purchased it, and today it has 73k. I had a few items to go wrong last year, but the warranty covered it with no problem.

I'm very pleased with the Yukon, the Yukon gives you a few more trinkets that Tahoe does not for the same price.

You will love the truck, just make sure it is CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED FROM A GMC DEALER ONLY.
The dealers are usually Buick / GMC dealers. It's the only way to pay that much money for a good used truck.

elperuano

Reaction score
I have owned my 2015 Chevy Tahoe LT for over a year now and purchased it back in December of 2017 with 35k miles on it. Today she's sitting at about 56k and my family and I have had no complaints. I guess we lucked out! Always did regular maintenance every 5k. Recently did a transmission flush at dealer and everything checked out fine. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys

Latest posts