Help with 2009 factory Nav unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTHokie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to get XM activated on my 2009 Suburban with factory Nav, mainly just want NavTraffic. When I try to get the head unit to receive the signal I cannot get it to tune to Channel 2. It appears the previous owner removed everything but the Entertainment category. I have tried pushing the button labeled restore XM categories but nothing happens. I can only tune to Channel 0, 1 and the entertainment category. Any ideas how to reset? The instructions from XM say to tune to Channel 2 and send the signal.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This occurred on our 09 Escalade. The antenna needs replacement. After two weeks sitting outside in a rainy TX lot, only AM/FM worked. Two weeks of basking in the CA sun dried the connectors off.

Only then did the XM preview channel start coming in. After another two weeks it finally downloaded all the station data from the SAT. I have a replacement antenna but haven’t installed it yet since it works 90% of the time. I still have a red light on the mirror for OnStar though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA