Help turn signal mirror conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I just didn’t wanna mess with the BCM harness because if i mess up the BCM harness it’s a automatic mechanics trip the way I did it the worst that could happen is a blown fuse from crossed wires. this required just sticking a wire into the socket for the LED bulb and hood pin ground I only messed up stuff when I tried to do it the professional way it’s fully functional circa today my BCM already has one ghetto wire repair I believe, so I don’t wanna add more splices and make my truck more vulnerable to hit a bump and broken I have to zip tie the wire to the blinker housing and it shouldn’t come off unless I want it too.
on my 00 I just piggybacked off the blue wire and ran the ground, the hardest part was getting the wire thru the mirror neck all I had to buy was the mirror glass with the led in it. I then tried adding "auto dim" lol learned real fast that 12v to the dimming liquid inside the glass results in instantaneous failure, looked like a fried egg inside I think i had paid like $70 for the glass at the time it was very disappointing

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my 00 I just piggybacked off the blue wire and ran the ground, the hardest part was getting the wire thru the mirror neck all I had to buy was the mirror glass with the led in it. I then tried adding "auto dim" lol learned real fast that 12v to the dimming liquid inside the glass results in instantaneous failure, looked like a fried egg inside I think i had paid like $70 for the glass at the time it was very disappointing
Isn’t the dimming glass on variable voltage? I think the only way is to splice onto the BCM yet again they sell mirror glass for the factory mirrors but I needed tow mirrors as well

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the dimming glass on variable voltage? I think the only way is to splice onto the BCM yet again they sell mirror glass for the factory mirrors but I needed tow mirrors as well
I think the dimming takes pretty low voltage probably 2-3v similar to what is used for a heated mirror, but I was only experimenting at the time and found out the hard way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415