Help turn signal mirror conversion!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wanna order these today because my broken mirror is almost causing accidents I have factory power mirrors and heated but not turn signals , do I need to run a wire to the turn signals or am I missing something I don’t care about heated mirrors I just want turn signals I already have power mirrors minus a messed up door switch. I only have the one connector you see there if I need to run my own wires I might just order the turn signal glass.F981E48C-FE73-48D6-A563-776B5209E4E2.pngD2D64474-FA14-48EB-A102-8410EF0EB42E.jpeg9639A9C8-0CFF-4097-998C-768B56A13093.png

Attachments

• 0E1FB9CF-8573-4E54-90AD-2130EE5BDE62.png
    0E1FB9CF-8573-4E54-90AD-2130EE5BDE62.png
    673.3 KB · Views: 1

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I wanna order these today because my broken mirror is almost causing accidents I have factory power mirrors and heated but not turn signals , do I need to run a wire to the turn signals or am I missing something I don’t care about heated mirrors I just want turn signals I already have power mirrors minus a messed up door switch. I only have the one connector you see there if I need to run my own wires I might just order the turn signal glass.View attachment 383562View attachment 383563View attachment 383560

Once you figure it out let us know how you like those mirrors, I've had my eye on those as well. The reviews about them shaking at highway speeds and getting through the car wash without any issues are holding me back though.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you figure it out let us know how you like those mirrors, I've had my eye on those as well. The reviews about them shaking at highway speeds and getting through the car wash without any issues are holding me back though.
I figured out the wiring basically in short these will not work (easily) you have to merge those three plugs together if you want I can make a wiring diagram but basically these won’t just plug in because of the way they did the heated mirrors+power+ blinker to get the blinker to work you have to either merge the positives on the blinker to the light 79C76B89-B5C0-4F7B-B2F9-DB0919764D27.jpegand dark blue BCM leftmost plug to have turn signals OR run 2 wires one from the left positive to the left mirror and rightblinker positive to the positive of the right mirror blinker and put the negative wires of the mirrorblinkers to any bare metal piece if you want these to work it’ll be a lot of work they will not just plug in unless you have factory blinker mirrors+ heated + power.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The colors pretty much match up to the factory harness so if you cut the plug off the old mirror and follow the chart on the product images you can plug it in like it’s a factory harness minus the blinker which you can use 2 deans connectors for (professionally)

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will shake every time even with shims if you want blinker mirrors that look factory i’m gonna probably make a whole tutorial on this thread.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found another set that’s plug and play m $100 Minus turn signal wiring EDIT: you also need automotive electrical wire and 2 deans/ hobby connectors and a $5 soldering iron and solder if you wanna install them like a professional or 4 wire caps.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TLDR: check here again by the 30th and there’ll be step by step instructions to have power mirrors without splicing into the body control module wires (bad idea) $130 in total no soldering required however I will solder. EDIT: I just ordered the $100 mirrors and 100 feet worth of +- red/black auto wire 10 gauge and so you can see how the $100 mirrors perform.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F0BFD629-6D4E-46EC-B770-6C9A039208D6.jpeg
I’m not worried about them knocking off in the car wash, I’m worried about their overall build quality do they work, yes do you have to use the power mirror turning reverse on the right side? Yes., do the blinkers work by plugging into the positive and grounding the negative into the hood posts? Yes. Can you hide the wires without removing the door panel? Yes. Do they ride perfectly flush against the door? No. Can you tell unless you’re staring at them really closely? No. I’d say they’re worth $100 the mirrors will vibrate with a good amount of bass and probably freeway speed. The manual forward and back swinging adjustment is janky so find the place you like and hope that clunk noise doesn’t mean broken.
https://youtube.com/shorts/m6zWJcrDCbY?feature=share

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blinker function can be added by just running a wire to each mirror from the bcm, the other end of the blinker wire just gets grounded. it's the blue wire coming off the bcm info is on the internet.
Yes I just didn’t wanna mess with the BCM harness because if i mess up the BCM harness it’s a automatic mechanics trip the way I did it the worst that could happen is a blown fuse from crossed wires. this required just sticking a wire into the socket for the LED bulb and hood pin ground I only messed up stuff when I tried to do it the professional way it’s fully functional circa today my BCM already has one ghetto wire repair I believe, so I don’t wanna add more splices and make my truck more vulnerable to hit a bump and broken I have to zip tie the wire to the blinker housing and it shouldn’t come off unless I want it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo