HELP! new bfgoodrich KO2 rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t see any of your pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update......

I just drove approx 40 miles alone in the truck with only my bike rack and 1 bike. No rubbing at all. When I had 6 people in the car the other day there was infrequent rubbing on some turns and bumps in road. When towing my 5x8 trailer containing camping supplies such as tents, bikes, coolers, etc... and 6 people in the truck I was rubbing constantly. Tirerack says it shouldnt be happening in any of these instances. FYI...i also installed a new compressor for the rear to rule that out.

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So probably nothing but a bit of added weight on old shocks. May be time for some new one

How many miles do you typically get out of the factory installed shocks? I have the autoride suspension as its an LTZ. I have rubbing on all 4 tires so what would you recommend I get installed? Thanks for the help!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Im kinda stumped on this one at the moment. Those rub in a totally different place mine did.

Could it be age/miles then? The springs being worn? There is a minimum and maximum height spec from the ground to the top of the wheel well but I cannot remember where that information resides.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage on shocks greatly differ on how theyre used id guess. As in if someone hauled a camper od say would wear faster then someone who just drives around town.

I had about 90k on mine before i changed they and man i wish in did It sooner. They wore out slowly so i never realized they were basically smoked.

I have bilstein 5100s (ones for a lift) now and theyre great its my 2nd tahoe with them. Many here also use them. Im pretty sure they have ones for non lifted tahoes also.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be age/miles then? The springs being worn? There is a minimum and maximum height spec from the ground to the top of the wheel well but I cannot remember where that information resides.

Sounds like it.

Yea i dont remember where the info is either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat