HELP! new bfgoodrich KO2 rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I always had 275 55 R20 bridgestone Dueler on my stock tahoe ltz. I decided i wanted a more aggressive tread. I bought 4 new BFGoodrich all terrain KO2 tires and now all 4 are rubbing on the plastic wheel wells. I dont understand why as they are the exact same size. TireRack says they are compatible and are blaming my suspension. My shop checked out my entire suspension and all is good. They say aggressive tread tires like that dont work on the tahoe. When towing my 5x8 cargo trailer it rubs with the slightest turn or bump in the road. I dont know what to do or what the real problem is. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about some photos? The stock sizes should not rub. Are you lowered at all?

What is the section and tread width of the two tires? Shouldn't really differ more than two tenths of an inch.

OP
OP
P

pjwinstalls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View media item 27178View media item 27177View media item 27176View media item 27175View media item 27174View media item 27173
How about some photos? The stock sizes should not rub. Are you lowered at all?

What is the section and tread width of the two tires? Shouldn't really differ more than two tenths of an inch.

I am not lowered at all. The new KO2 tires are 11.1 section and 9.6 tread depth... the old tires are the same measurements. here are the pictures.....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try now. Thank you

How about a side view of the truck? I ran KO2s but the stock size for 17" wheels and am fine. But the 20" wheel is wider and about 1/2" taller I think. Let's call in the cavalry, give me a few minutes to think who has these on their trucks...

traveus

Reaction score
I had to do some cutting under my front bumper. Unscrewed the wheel liner cut some of the plastic back with a circler saw lol, then used some deck screws to hold it back in place. I just traded her in or I would post some pictures. I never had rubbing in the rear tho, plus I had the rough country leveling kit On the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645