help needed rear rear lift gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new Dog kennels in my 2015 Denali today and killed the battery. Had to jump the truck to get it started. Once it started back up I noticed the rear AC was not working and my rear lift gate nor glass hatch would open.

Heres the bad news for me. All the seats are out and the truck is filled with a kennel system that is only able to be removed through the back of the truck.

Does anyone know how the hatch can be opened manually?
Does anyone know what fuses control the rear hatch?

Thanks for your help and thank god we didn't have a dog in there. Now I am scared Shirtless to even keep a dog in the hatch area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hundhaus

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

SO I have no rear wiper , no rear ac , no rear lift gate and no rear glass power. Is there a fuse block up front that powers the rear fuse panel ? I just can't get to the rear fuse panel because the dog kennels are all in the truck and the only way to get them out is through the rear door.

magiaone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would hazard a guess that the power fold seats etc. you disconnected might have something to do with it.......

From the manual:

Engine Compartment
Fuse Block
The engine compartment fuse block
is in the engine compartment, on
the driver side of the vehicle.

The left instrument panel fuse block
access door is on the driver side
edge of the instrument panel.
Pull off the cover to access the fuse
block.
A fuse puller is available in the left
instrument panel fuse block.

The rear compartment fuse block is
behind the access panel on the left
side of the compartment.
Pull the panel out by grabbing the
finger access slot at the rear edge
(this is where the fuses are for the liftgate etc.)

The liftgate has an electric latch.
If the battery is disconnected or has
low voltage, the liftgate will not
open. The liftgate will resume
operation when the battery is
reconnected and charged.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue that's preventing power from getting to the rear of the truck. As stated, check your fuses first.

OP
OP
hundhaus

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that there is one fuse block that powers the rear fuse panel and that is what needs to be changed. keeping my fingers crossed

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to sidetrack the thread, but what kennel system did you use?

OP
OP
hundhaus

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updtate

SO I went to a Cadi dealership that a friend is GM at. I had about 4 techs on my truck as soon as I got there. It looked pretty bad at first, they couldn't find any blown fuses or terminals.

Then after running a full diagnostic scan they found a fuse was open and sure enough a 60amp fuse that feeds the rear panel was wiped out. So we are back up and running and we don't have to cut up my new Kennels.

GMC needs to come up with some way to open that rear hatch if there is cargo in the rear. What a nightmare!!!

SO happy it is fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts