HELP!!! Need to remove tint/clearcoat from tails!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4play

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal I bought a set of used IPCW upper quater pannel lights and decided to tint them to match my tails, they looked good until I got to the wetsanding point and then I noticed white specs all in the clearcoat. I think pollen might have settled in as it was drying. not really sure. But basically they look like s**t!!!! What would be the easiest way to remove the clearcoat/ tint to redo it. I painted the housing to match my truck so I do not want to use anything harsh that might ruin the paint. I'm thinking just sanding the hell out of them with 1000g to remove it all and redo them. Thoughts, insite anything that would make this easy and not ruin them. Thanks,

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
500 grit, 800 grit, 2000 grit, 3000 wet sand...plastic polish, good as new or better depending on your skills :)

3M Makes a great headlight renewal kit, selling at AZ and Walmarts across the world :)
B

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how harsh it is on paint but i used goo gone... or goof off... i can't remember which now to get an amazingly thick layer of tint off my tail lights. here is the thread

http://tinyurl.com/3wz33a5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881