Help need knowledge 97 trail hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battlebus97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View media item 28706ok so i just bought this omg i'm in love how have i slept so long on these amazing rigs. 8" lift, motor from a 98, 38" tires got a performance cam, lifters and springs, and valves the guy did a lot to this thing some of it is not gonna stay i don't like drilling in to the body so i'm gonna take a lot of the plates he used to hold wiring down off and patch i don't see the logic in that metal plate wiring noo. lol ok so im new to the platform send me links and tell me anything i might need to know and what are all interchangeable in this production model run. and links where yall have been successful finding good cheap off road parts for these

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Others will chime in about your questions. Please post numerous pics when you can.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Right she's one sexy hoe

Sorry, but I am not a fan of the lifted independent front axle Tahoe's. I like the lifted and abused older single 1 ton axle set ups on a Blazer. I had a 73 Blazer like that. I love the body style of yours but just have a different taste when it comes to lifted rigs.

OP
OP
battlebus97

battlebus97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought about swapping to a single but gotta research it make sure I want to go that route might to coilovers idk hench why I made this post she's a great starting place for what I've been wanting

OP
OP
battlebus97

battlebus97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Plus for the price I could pass it 3900 check the five 38"tires are almost more then that and light bar etc I got a deal on it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No doubt you have something to work with and mod the way you want. That is what it is all about anyway!

OP
OP
battlebus97

battlebus97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you I'm looking forward to the future with this steed by my family's side

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne