Help...do I have an LT1 or LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm well sorry about your experience dude

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I have an 07 1LT. It does not have leather, auto climate control, power peddles, homelink, and all the other things you mentioned. It's only options were Bose, 20s, 3rd row, and 4wd. As it has been said before, the difference between the LS and 1LT is the center console in the first row and 3rd row seats and tracks. I think you have a 1LT. Additionally, I also have K as my 5th digit and 1 as the 6th digit. I have run a vin decoder on www.compnine.com and my truck does come up as a 1LT. Based on the similarities of our trucks, I think you have nothing to worry about.

Additionally, my aunt in-law has a 2007 LS. Her truck doesn't have the tracks for the 3rd row seats, has a seat in the middle of the first row, and doesn't have fog lights. She also has a 4.8 instead of a 5.3. Was the 4.8 even available in the LT trim level?

Also, notice I never said LT1. Reason being is LT1 is an engine classification that GM used before the LS1. When I first read your thread title I thought you were going to talk about engines and not trim lines. Glad I read your post before responding.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, notice I never said LT1. Reason being is LT1 is an engine classification that GM used before the LS1. When I first read your thread title I thought you were going to talk about engines and not trim lines. Glad I read your post before responding.

Same here haha

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help fellas. For the last 3 years I have owned what I thought to be a 2008 LT1. Overtime I've noticed a few features on my truck are not consistent with the LT1 package like no digital climate control, no factory leather. I figured there are exceptions to the "standard" and shrugged them off.

Now I'm doing a little research about the value of my vehicle and I noticed my VIN seems to indicate that I have an LS. What!?! I know for a fact that I pried LT badges off of it about a week after I got it home from the dealer where I bought it NEW with about 65 miles on it.

Now that I think of it, I want to say I noticed on a couple occasions on random print outs that my VIN brings up LS as the description (insurance and autoparts related stuff I think).

Based on the link below it looks like I do have an LS and I clearly have a K in the 5th and a 1 in the 6th digit of my VIN.
http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/pdf/vincard08 06-01-09 r1.1.pdf

Am I reading this wrong? Or do I have an LS that was badged and sold as an LT?

I would be happy to look into this for you and provide a build sheet if you would like. Please provide the last 8-digits of your VIN (PM if you prefer).

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
madodger88

madodger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like its all good, the VIN decoder says LT1. Glad it's worth more like I had hoped. Thanks for setting me straight fellas.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sales department always has knowledgeable people working at a dealership........:nolol:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
ls came with a 4.8. Everything else has a 5.3. Another thing like someone said that LS has a Jump seat in the front. Does your truck have those features?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable