Help disabling OnStar tracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I'm trying to help a friend figure out how to disable onstar tracking on her 2018 Yukon XL. Before anyone asks, I'll just say that divorce is messy.

Is this something that is relatively simple to achieve? I would think just unplugging the right antenna would do the trick, I just don't know where any of the relevant components are or how to access them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I'm trying to help a friend figure out how to disable onstar tracking on her 2018 Yukon XL. Before anyone asks, I'll just say that divorce is messy.

Is this something that is relatively simple to achieve? I would think just unplugging the right antenna would do the trick, I just don't know where any of the relevant components are or how to access them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
you will need a terminator on it (basically some resistors on the output of the Ant you will need to disable the 4G as well since that is a back up transmitter ) Cellphone triangulation is almost as good as gps in a metro area since there is several dozen towers in a given area 10 mile honey cone.. GM has wised up on people stealing cars so they changed the onstar in the newer ones with alternate power and backup antenna...

the best way is to barrow a car from a friend. or buy a small car (i don't advise using a rental as they have trackers on them also)

I know I know Hertz rent a car knows I went 110mph in their Dodge scare-avan

they still send me emails to offer me a rental because i filled up the tank before i bought it back and washed it

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thebski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any resources I can use on how to do this? Mostly just how to access the components the best. And can you get these terminators anywhere?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm curious to know how the future ex has access to Onstar's data? I'd be more concerned about a tracking device being placed under the vehicle to track her movements.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

thebski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
He just tracks her through the phone app, whatever it is. She said she didn't think she could get it turned off since they are both owners on the account. He could just have it turned right back on. I don't have an onstar vehicle though so I don't know anything about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts