Help again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olforrester

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so i traded up at least i thought from a 93 to 96 tahoe AT 350 4wd. When i bought it guy says it had tranny rebuilt. Driving down the road hammer down gas to accelrate the tach jumps up but truck goes nowhere. seems to shift fine but is load upon first takeoff. i took it to the shop cause it threw a code replaced CAM positioning sensor. still didnt fix completely took to muffler shop catylitic conventer isnt clogged. when i was driving down road the truck started jumping tach was bouncing like it was missing. i am lost on this one cant keep throwing money at problem

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your whole ignition system. Plugs, wires, dist. cap, rotor, ICM, coil, CPS.

Probably worst case senario is that your intake manifold gasket(s) failed (common problem) which can cause coolant to seep into your valves causing corrosion. Not long after, the valves will "freeze" up and not allow a proper combustion cycle causing a random missfire code and making the engine run ******. It happened to me.

Check your fuel injection system as well, the stock spider assemblys clog easy. Hope you can figure it out soon.

OP
OP
O

olforrester

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

wouldnt the ignition system throw a code because i had that checked and all new wires dist cap rotor button no misfire codes

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not something in the ignition or fuel system, maybe a bad EGR. I've seen them fail and do funny things. Other than that, I'm not sure. If it has to do with the transmission, that's out of my knowledge range. :)

Maybe some who knows more about tranny's can chime in.

Edit: if you knew the exact code, it would help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

olforrester

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i can get the exact code monday its really starting to dime me to death i cut a hole in front of cats to see if they were clogged im baffled unless its the tranny and im the sameway no knowledge

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this......

...on justanswers.com:

The camshaft position PCM input is produced by the ignition control module. The ICM produces the camshaft position PCM input by filtering the camshaft position (CMP) sensor pulses when the engine is running and CKP sync pulses are also being received. The PCM uses the camshaft position PCM input pulses to initiate sequential fuel injection and to determine crankshaft position for the misfire diagnostic. The PCM constantly monitors the number of pulses on the camshaft position PCM input circuit and compares the number of camshaft position PCM input pulses to the number of 18X reference pulses and the number of 3X reference pulses being received. If the PCM receives an incorrect number of pulses on the camshaft position PCM input circuit, DTC P0341 will set and the PCM will initiate injector sequence without the camshaft position PCM input with a one in six chance that injector sequence is correct. The engine will continue to start and run normally, although the misfire diagnostic will be disabled.

But if you replaced the CMP, it should be fine. And if the crank posit. sensor is bad, I've heard it won't start at all. Something to check out though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghostknight