Help adding factory heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riordan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have found a donor truck for an entire brand new interior for my SLT and it comes with factory heated seats my truck does not have heated seats from factory. I'm grabbing pretty much the entire interior minus the headliner and the rear quarter panel trim pieces. The new door panels have buttons for the heated seats already from factory, am I going to need anything else or is this going to plug into my factory harness. I have opportunity to get almost anything I need but only tomorrow to do it.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would snag seat harness, for sure the panel as I have heard those are needed, seats obviously. I am not quite sure if the BCM will need a flash though to make it all work. There are a couple folks who have done this previously. Try to search the forum for other threads where this was done.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would snag seat harness, for sure the panel as I have heard those are needed, seats obviously. I am not quite sure if the BCM will need a flash though to make it all work. There are a couple folks who have done this previously. Try to search the forum for other threads where this was done.
I don't think so as far as I've read that's only if you want them to turn on with remote start. I have a factory heated seat kit just sitting there waiting for me to install in my truck. But unfortunately weather put that to halt.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found a donor truck for an entire brand new interior for my SLT and it comes with factory heated seats my truck does not have heated seats from factory. I'm grabbing pretty much the entire interior minus the headliner and the rear quarter panel trim pieces. The new door panels have buttons for the heated seats already from factory, am I going to need anything else or is this going to plug into my factory harness. I have opportunity to get almost anything I need but only tomorrow to do it.
You'll need to program, get the BCM, but I think you'll still need to program these options into your truck or at least... well, I forgot what might be needed. A subscription here: https://www.acdelcotds.com/login#

And a Tech-2 or MDI with GDS software on a laptop, maybe. Where Joe? @Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll need to program, get the BCM, but I think you'll still need to program these options into your truck or at least... well, I forgot what might be needed. A subscription here: https://www.acdelcotds.com/login#

And a Tech-2 or MDI with GDS software on a laptop, maybe. Where Joe? @Joseph Garcia
A Tech 2 can be purchased from AliExpress.com

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...;-1;USD+45.40@salePrice;USD;search-mainSearch

Tewch 2 B.jpg

Or, this one with free shipping:

Tech 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon