HELP!!! 2004 GMC Yukon Xl Denali 6.0 intake noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your input!
Actually, I took out the intake, replaced the valley gasket, put in the new knock sensors, new harness, and sealed it up this afternoon. You said it should take 3 hours, but that is as far as I got in the 3 hours. lol
I was having a hell of a time with the throttle body coolant lines and I ended up just leaving them attached and removed it from the intake)
I will clean up the intake and get it back on this weekend and see how it runs then.

Thanks again!

During disassembly did you see anything that would have caused the problem you are experiencing?

^^^THIS!! Such a noise from an intake leak would surely be from an obvious source.

OP
OP
kaysha241

kaysha241

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
During disassembly did you see anything that would have caused the problem you are experiencing?
No, I didn't! Unfortunately, It is still having the issue. I haven't been able to work on it in the last week and a half. Im working on eliminating MAP sensor, and will look at CAT converter and possibly fuel injector. Not sure what else to check.
Otherwise...It can go to the shop and a real tech can look at it.

OP
OP
kaysha241

kaysha241

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok...so I unplugged coil packs one by one and the fuel injectors... no noticeable change in idle. I took out the upstream O2 sensors and no noticeable change. Fresh air filter, MAP sensor, still no change...
I'm at a loss...I guess it will go to the shop to be diagnosed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf