Hello from Tx.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pho20

Pho20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_20220310_144748.jpg
Well here are the codes not that I know what they mean ...lol...
I did look up the VIN# and it shows it being just a 4 wheel drive Tahoe and not a Z71 but that's fine not that big of a deal because someone went to a lot of time and effort to make it look like a Z71. It has all the trim work inside of a Z71. And here were I live in Texas almost all Chevy type vehicles have Z71 badging weather they are or not.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 365384
I did look up the VIN# and it shows it being just a 4 wheel drive Tahoe and not a Z71 but that's fine not that big of a deal because someone went to a lot of time and effort to make it look like a Z71. It has all the trim work inside of a Z71. And here were I live in Texas almost all Chevy type vehicles have Z71 badging weather they are or not.
Def not a Z71. But you have a 3.73 rear(GT4), powerfold mirrors(DL3), along with Nivomat shocks(ZW7), which is smooth, premium ride.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome from Colorado!

Get a scanner on it that will read the 4x4 codes, and let us know what they are. Lots of experience and help here on TYF....

The NR4 RPO code indicates AWD -- (Borg Warner) BW4482

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice looking rig!

More pics of the truck, please.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome from Colorado!

Get a scanner on it that will read the 4x4 codes, and let us know what they are. Lots of experience and help here on TYF....

The NR4 RPO code indicates AWD -- (Borg Warner) BW4482
Tahoe optioned with AWD? There was a discussion about that once. Rare iirc.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 365384

Check the VIN on the RPO sticker to see if it matches the one on the truck label.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 365384
In case nothing is on TV...
Here is a link to a full list of GM RPO codes, if you are curious to what your vehicle was originally equipped with.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the gray Z71 plastics along with the Z71 specific running boards. It really is a good looking rig.
Odds are pretty good, that my rig would still have something left of the rockers, had it not been a Z71 with the gray plastic rust-makers attached! If it were an LT, it might have had a fighting chance against MA road salt.

Every time a Tahoe or 'burban passes me on the road, my eyes automatically look to the rockers. I get so jealous, when I see one that doesn't have rusty blades of death below the doors!!

At least here in New England, sometimes not being a Z71 has its advantages...

OP
OP
Pho20

Pho20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys, well got a obd2 code reader and here are the codes that popped up - ( po101, po141, po161, po178, po442, ) ABS - ( c0040, c0110, c0035, c0186, c0131, co455 ) and on SRS there were 47 different codes for the airbag system. So it looks like I'm going to be busy for a while running down and fixing all these issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts