Hello from Toronto! Looking for a 2015-2017 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YYZ_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't purchased the vehicle yet, but I am interested in buying a used Tahoe PPV 2015-2017. In Toronto area used dealership are selling them from $12K - $15K USD ($16K - 20K Cdn). Thought I join the forum and get advice on what to look out for and if any particular year is better than the other.

Hope to learn from you all!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Raza!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Lots of PPV owners here, who will chime in.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moved thread here for better responses.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't purchased the vehicle yet, but I am interested in buying a used Tahoe PPV 2015-2017. In Toronto area used dealership are selling them from $12K - $15K USD ($16K - 20K Cdn). Thought I join the forum and get advice on what to look out for and if any particular year is better than the other.

Hope to learn from you all!

I would look for a 2017. If your a/c Condenser is the original one it will need to replaced in the near future. Try to get ALL service records if possible and have a independent mechanic check it out on the rack from top to bottom.

Before I buy a used vehicle I take it out for at least a hour on the highway and surface streets with a independent mechanic.

OP
OP
Y

YYZ_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would look for a 2017. If your a/c Condenser is the original one it will need to replaced in the near future. Try to get ALL service records if possible and have a independent mechanic check it out on the rack from top to bottom.

Before I buy a used vehicle I take it out for at least a hour on the highway and surface streets with a independent mechanic.

Appreciate your feedback, never thought of that. I know a great mechanic who also bids in auctions. I could ask him to auction for me. Some auctions in Canada are not for general public, they are for dealerships only.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be especially careful with a PPV. If it is a former patrol vehicle, chances are that it led a very hard life and will have an extremely high number of engine hours due to 24/365 use and are more likely to have been dinged up. My recommendation would be to look for a vehicle that had been issued as an unmarked staff vehicle, such as to a Chief Officer in a police or fire department. For the most part, these vehicles are used to commute from home to the office and meetings but spend very little time running calls and incidents. Therefore, they Will most likely have led the easy leisurely life.

Just some thoughts from someone who has an assigned staff vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne