Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steamrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller...
I've had my 06 Tahoe Z71 since 2018 and love going camping with it. I recently decided to get a metal bumper and hook up a winch to it. I've received the bumper in the mail this week (Baseline Overland - it's the one hooked up to a beige Silverado with Angel eyes which I'm sure many of you have seen) and am looking into finding the right winch, lights, and any and all wiring tips and advice I can get from the veterans on this site.

I guess any advice would be appreciated, really. It's been decades since I've used forums, so please give me a break for at least a few weeks till I figure this all out.

As the Japanese say, I'll be in your care. "Yoroshku Onegai Shimassssu"

-Nick

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller...
I've had my 06 Tahoe Z71 since 2018 and love going camping with it. I recently decided to get a metal bumper and hook up a winch to it. I've received the bumper in the mail this week (Baseline Overland - it's the one hooked up to a beige Silverado with Angel eyes which I'm sure many of you have seen) and am looking into finding the right winch, lights, and any and all wiring tips and advice I can get from the veterans on this site.

I guess any advice would be appreciated, really. It's been decades since I've used forums, so please give me a break for at least a few weeks till I figure this all out.

As the Japanese say, I'll be in your care. "Yoroshku Onegai Shimassssu"

-Nick
Welcome from NC!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Right on! first recommendation doesn't disappoint. By winch rope you mean going synthetic, right? ty
Yes. I used that type of line when it first came out back in the late 90's. If it breaks, under tension, it drops. I have seen steel line snap and the damage it can do. Plus, the fiber line is lighter by far. It is more susceptible to damage from rubbing but they make sliding protection sleeves that do a great job and can be set where you want them. I had a full size 73 Blazer, 6" lift, 38" Swampers, full roll cage and gobs of updates for heavy off roading and that line never failed me. Something you might think of is a moveable cradle winch mount so you can winch from either end. Also, have plenty of s*n*a*t*c*h blocks and shackles and 3" to 4" straps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84