Hello from Eastern NC!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Chevymec

Chevymec

Reaction score
Worked in and ran independent shops for 40+ years and am now retired but still work on the side in my garage. May be doing a part time thing at a friend's shop soon but money is still to be discussed. I was laid off from the shops during that same economy dump and collected unemployment for close to 2.5 years and turned wrenches at home. Then in the self storage business and still turned wrenches and then retired from there and still keep the dust off my tools. Never been drawn to working on the big trucks.
I hadn't ever thought I would work on big stuff either but here I am lol. I see you are an ASE Master. I have my master in Light duty, Medium/Heavy, and Transit. Also have my L1 and undercar. Have a total of 26. I would like to try and get World Class before I retire.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I hadn't ever thought I would work on big stuff either but here I am lol. I see you are an ASE Master. I have my master in Light duty, Medium/Heavy, and Transit. Also have my L1 and undercar. Have a total of 26. I would like to try and get World Class before I retire.
Something to shoot for. Mine are expired now but did have the 8 Cars and Light Trucks, Service Consultant and Parts.

OP
OP
Chevymec

Chevymec

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.
Has the Black/Titanium seats. This was back in 2011 when we got it. Looked good with the BFG's but I run Michelin LTX M&S now. I'm getting about 50k out of a set.
Z71 Tahoe.jpg

OP
OP
Chevymec

Chevymec

Reaction score
Something to shoot for. Mine are expired now but did have the 8 Cars and Light Trucks, Service Consultant and Parts.
We get payed to keep them active and our pay ladder is based off of them. The test have changed a lot over the last few years with the addition of electric/hybrids added to the mix.

@Fless Thank you!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
We get payed to keep them active and our pay ladder is based off of them. The test have changed a lot over the last few years with the addition of electric/hybrids added to the mix.

@Fless Thank you!
Yea, been some years since I was in shops and saw no need to re-certify. I have the expired certs if need to show. I am retired now and work out of my home or at a close shop with a friend/owner. I pretty much pick and choose what I want to work on.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, been some years since I was in shops and saw no need to re-certify. I have the expired certs if need to show. I am retired now and work out of my home or at a close shop with a friend/owner. I pretty much pick and choose what I want to work on.
If you look at my Garage thread, you will see a plethora of different vehicles.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I don't work with Jamie. I met him back when he had a brown 2nd gen camaro and I bought the engine/trans out if it. The man hustles for sure! I think he works for DOT. I'm with Jville.
He does yea he’s got a old ford box body he’s about to put a 5.0 coyote into it and make it a drag car/grocery getter

waveryd

Reaction score
Found the site after searching for the correct quick strut for my 2007 Z71 Tahoe. Yes I am still searching the forum as my eyes are starting to cross! The Tahoe has been great. 226k miles as of right now and we bought it at 82kish in 2011. It was 1 family owned as I bought it from the son as he had bought it from his mom. It also was sold from the dealership that I was working at when it was new so I have done almost all repairs and servicing since new.
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people and good information here.

Great area in NC! We race in Morehead City every year. It's a smooth water race but still a great time with nice people and friendly atmosphere. About four decades ago I was at a lovely place near there called Camp Lejeune. Good times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cornut