Hello and happy holidays... Hey with my 07 Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOTAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello and happy holidays... Hey with my 07 Tahoe, I'm getting a battery drain, if I don't drive for like 2 days it dies. I have to keep the battery unplugged so it wont die on me... any thoughts what it could be? Thanks...

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello and happy holidays... Hey with my 07 Tahoe, I'm getting a battery drain, if I don't drive for like 2 days it dies. I have to keep the battery unplugged so it wont die on me... any thoughts what it could be? Thanks...
You'll get a better response if you post this in the 2007-2014 section.

First thing to check is any aftermarket accessories that are installed. Then, are the lights staying on, brake lights staying on, anything plugged into the cigarette lighter ports, etc. The lighter ports don't switch off with the ignition. After that, the troubleshooting is one circuit at a time for parasitic drain.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are many good resources for diagnosing a parasitic draw. Here's one of many:

Also, a thermal imaging camera, if you have access to one, might be helpful: