Heated steering wheel retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always kinda thought a heated steering wheel was a dumb option but the wife insisted the new rig have one and I've got to admit it's pretty freaking amazing. Been using it nonstop lately here in the PNW and it's nice and toasty when I get in after a remote start

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else receive the email from GM yesterday stating the chips are still unavailable, and offering 6 months of o star and 12,500 gm points?
Must have over looked that email. Just was able to login and order some rain guards for sales tax only...still want me chips though.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Was dealing with GM on a backordered OnStar module that failed last week.... finally got that in and they said maybe May for the steering wheel chip.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been 14 months, but I finally got my heated steering wheel retrofit installed. Here's hoping y'all get your heated steering wheel soon too!

OP
OP
C

ChrisG

Reaction score
Just got a notice in the mail, went to the dealer and they ordered the steering wheel chip. They said I was the first one to order it. They will call when part comes in

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer called me today and says my "heated steering wheel" retrofit is in. He said he is pretty sure it is the whole steering wheel?
1...Has anyone actually had the whole steering wheel replaced?
2...How long did it take to have the retrofit done in the shop?
Thanks

Cryptocap

Reaction score
My dealer called me today and says my "heated steering wheel" retrofit is in. He said he is pretty sure it is the whole steering wheel?
1...Has anyone actually had the whole steering wheel replaced?
2...How long did it take to have the retrofit done in the shop?
Thanks
I finally got my letter that mine was ready. I was told about about an hour to hour and a half for the job. Not sure if it’s a new steering wheel though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2