Heated steering wheel retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisG

Reaction score
Anyone have any progress on getting their heated steering wheel retrofitted?

I asked my dealer yesterday and they said no news yet. I got my 2022 RST in January

Thanks

Chris

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a clock spring and the steering wheel. Then you need to use a 5 amp inline fuse. The heated steering wheel does mot go through the BCM. It works independently from the car computer and is 12v.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice that they didn't go through the BCM, that'll be an easy retrofit.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a clock spring and the steering wheel. Then you need to use a 5 amp inline fuse. The heated steering wheel does mot go through the BCM. It works independently from the car computer and is 12v.
Are you certain of that? My Escalade turns on the heated wheel and seats in cold weather when I start the car, so something is controlling it. Maybe the Chevys don't turn on automatically?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chevy heated steering wheel comes out automatically when remote started----of course when it's cold outside

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I want mine too. Been waiting since Feb 2022. My dealer is useless, and just says he doesn't know yet. Lame. I asked Chevy online chat and they say it'll be announced as if it were a recall, so a slow notice from GM eventually.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had dinner w/ my sister in law who is a GM at a GM dealership…she has no more data from GM than us as the general public; and she said she has customers who are upset…so, net; no news.

RST_FRED22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any progress on getting their heated steering wheel retrofitted?

I asked my dealer yesterday and they said no news yet. I got my 2022 RST in January

Thanks

Chris
Does your vehicle have the button for the heated steering wheel? Mine doesn't, but supposedly getting that and my heated seats chip installed this Friday.

OP
OP
C

ChrisG

Reaction score
Does your vehicle have the button for the heated steering wheel? Mine doesn't, but supposedly getting that and my heated seats chip installed this Friday.
Where u located at? I’m in extreme northern MI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak