Heated steering wheel retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST_FRED22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in Chicago, but go figure I go to the dealer and they supposedly ordered the wrong module, so still no heated anything!!

Idahomegirl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in Chicago, but go figure I go to the dealer and they supposedly ordered the wrong module, so still no heated anything!!
That exact thing happened to me yesterday. Called parts dept at dealer three weeks ago, said they could get the heated steering wheel module and scheduled me to fix on Dec. 6. so I took it in and dropped it off. They called me later that day and told me they did not have the module, and there was no way it could even be retrofitted and based on my VIN, it was not built to ever put one in. When I said it was supposed to be retrofitted later, he looked at me like I was crazy and he had no idea what I was talking about. I showed him my order form and window sticker that says "not equipped with heated steering wheel - includes later retrofit" and he told me he had never seen that before, and that I was basically out of luck. I asked exactly what part it was they said they ordered three weeks ago and he had no clue. It was fantastic.

bzy730

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am also waiting for the retrofit on my 22 Yukon XL AT4 that I purchased 2/1/22. Last week my dealer stated that no one has received the missing chips for the Seat, heated steering wheel and Locking Steering items. I am really disappointed on the lack of communication from GM on the subject. My dealer told me to call them every week or so... Nice. Glad I received $100 credit for the missing three options. At some point we should be getting a refund for the options if GM can't deliver.

RST_FRED22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I go for round 2 on Friday, they supposedly have the right parts, and I am supposed to be receiving heated steering wheel as well as the seats. The last time they claimed they didn't know my Tahoe had the captains in the second row and the module wasn't the right part for those seats. I'll keep you all posted!

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on my retro fit items as well. ****** me off to see 2023 w/my missing items prior to 2022 owners getting theirs.

Just50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An e-mail went out to as a GM announcement yesterday to dealers that heated steering wheel retrofits should start 1st qtr 2023.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019's heated steering wheel doesn't turn on in cold weather when remote starting, it's not an option in the infotainment either. Although having the heats COOL or HEAT depending on outdoor temperature IS an option. Maybe that's changed for the next generation.
I'd have to say it's still computer controlled as I assumed it would eventually "time out" just like the heated seats do. I don't think I've ever used the steering wheel heat for very long though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kns0517