Heated/Cooled Seats to Work at Later Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCUCREW08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just about to put in an order for a 22 XL. Been calling dealerships and finally found one I want to work with. A few of the dealerships mentioned a recent GM announcement that the Yukon's heated and cooled front seats wouldn't be working upon delivery and that at a later date (once parts came in) they could be retrofitted to work. Anyone else hear of this? Insights?

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - there's a thread about it under "Current Constraints" Try this link:

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2022 is a bad year to buy a new car. Most brands have this same issue, some have permanently deleted features due to supply chain issues

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before purchasing our '21 I had a salesguy tell me the '22 models would be coming with a few less options because of the chip shortage. He said stuff like heated/cooled seats, power folding rear seats, blind spot detection, lane assist, forward collision warning systems and a few other techy items would most likely be affected. This rumor was enough to make up our minds to buy an existing vehicle (hadn't seen it yet as it was in transit) that had most the options we wanted rather than wait and have to settle for less options

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before purchasing our '21 I had a salesguy tell me the '22 models would be coming with a few less options because of the chip shortage. He said stuff like heated/cooled seats, power folding rear seats, blind spot detection, lane assist, forward collision warning systems and a few other techy items would most likely be affected. This rumor was enough to make up our minds to buy an existing vehicle (hadn't seen it yet as it was in transit) that had most the options we wanted rather than wait and have to settle for less options

Smart...22's pay more, High probability of not getting one or more "Necessities" in a vehicle of this caliber. And no real significant differences in 22 models. Getting all the options would be a higher priority than model year to me....

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do think it will vary alot within the model year. This is almost a month to month thing. My ‘22 has about every option (more than I would have ordered but I took what we found at a dealer) including max tow, 4 way lumbar, air susp etc.

A friend leased a Mercedes’ a few months ago- it was missing the chip for remote start to work. Dealer told her it will be added as soon as available. No ETA on that three months later. Have to think retrofitting delivered vehicles are going to be bottom of the priority list for manufacturers looking to build more units.

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They can't be removing options once you've already put in an order though. If you ordered at a certain date you should be getting all options that were not already constrained/removed by that date. You basically agreed on a price for a vehicle as listed on the build order, for them to then take out options is ******** and fraud, even if they offer you the measly 50 dollar credit. oh and screw china.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you have to remember is ordering and production are two entirely different things.

Example I put my order for a 22 Z71 on 11/30. Current dealer guidance and even this forum say that…..”Certain vehicles produced AFTER 12/6 may have heated steering wheel Not Available.

That could be interpreted two different ways.

1. Blanket statement and covering bases on ALL GM fleets.

2. Certain models of Tahoe/Yukon. I suspect that Escalade will keep them since that is one of the cash cows for GM

The order maybe in but until the vehicle is on property nothing is guaranteed. Yes you would hope that dealer is reaching out ona regular basis to update and see if there are constraints…..either supplier and or production line delays. Remember order the stuff that is less likely to hold up production….especially non structural items and dealer installed accessories….running boards, illuminated items, grille, packages etc….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792