Heat questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abifry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m new to this so please excuse my ignorance. On my ‘01 Tahoe, I’m not getting any heat. All other directional settings work, it blows strong, AC works fine, it just won’t ever blow any heat whatsoever, nothing below curves outside temp anyways. We’ve flushed the heater core and still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m new to this so please excuse my ignorance. On my ‘01 Tahoe, I’m not getting any heat. All other directional settings work, it blows strong, AC works fine, it just won’t ever blow any heat whatsoever, nothing below curves outside temp anyways. We’ve flushed the heater core and still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Well first thing is to verify that the blend door is moving to heat, it's under the glove box behind the kick panel, you need a 7 or 8mm socket to get the panel off so you can see and or access the blend door

OP
OP
A

Abifry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well first thing is to verify that the blend door is moving to heat, it's under the glove box behind the kick panel, you need a 7 or 8mm socket to get the panel off so you can see and or access the blend door
Awesome thanks. We’ll check that for sure

OP
OP
A

Abifry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know where to find a diagram of the area? Just so I know what I’m looking at?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know where to find a diagram of the area? Just so I know what I’m looking at?
this video shows where it is and how to access it, it does not show how to test it.
to visually test it there 3 marks on the center part which is usually metal, you should see the notch move all the way from one end to the other depending on if it is being commanded to hot or cold. if it is not moving or only moves part way then it is likely bad. on a rare occasion the blend door inside can break, but that is uncommon on a gm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo