Headlight Projector Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATLPPV

Reaction score
So I guess we all know how much the 07-14 Tahoe headlights suck. I had mine retrofitted and couldn't be happier, even did the fog lights to match! This isn't me in the video but my truck.

OP
OP
ATLPPV

ATLPPV

Reaction score
Thanks! After my wife told me on several occasions "your headlights are off" and they were actually on, it was time for an upgrade.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look. Some retros look too gaudy. This looks OEM+ to me.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! After my wife told me on several occasions "your headlights are off" and they were actually on, it was time for an upgrade.
Even my stock HID's were unimpressive on the Escalade. I went with an Osram CBI d1r bulb. It is better, but I'd like to do a projector retro similar to yours at some point.

OP
OP
ATLPPV

ATLPPV

Reaction score
Those Osram's are really good bulbs for sure but like you said the stock headlights can only do so much. The projector swap really helps get the light out there.

And thanks, when I had it done I told them OEM+ only lol. Halo's and all that can look good on the right car but I didn't want them. I wanted it to look like it came that way from GM.

mcislak

Reaction score
Wow small world this video posted the day I started my suburban. I used it for some pointers. Love the mled projectors. I installed them in a friends Jeep for him. I just couldn’t justify the cost when I already had the Morimoto d2s 5.0 projectors sitting in my basement. My next one will be led for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
ATLPPV

ATLPPV

Reaction score
Thanks, your build turned out great too!

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!! I was going to use the MLED for my retrofit but i decided I didnt want to cut that much, kinda wish I had done them anyway, but I've been happy with my MH1 retro.

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I guess we all know how much the 07-14 Tahoe headlights suck. I had mine retrofitted and couldn't be happier, even did the fog lights to match! This isn't me in the video but my truck.

How much did it cost to have them done?

Last edited: