Headlight Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an aftermarket grille and headlights. Not exactly sure what they are. They seem to have been fairly high quality for the time.

The lights on there now use the two slip-in pins (no tools required for removal/install), that I believe are the original retaining devices.

The angle on the inside edges and the general shape of them look similar to the 07+ model, but those look like they use something different to secure into the mounting bracket.

Question:
Do I have any replacement options that will work with this grille and the 2 pin mountings or should I just look to reverting back to stock Tahoe/Z71 grille and headlight sets?

20220506_141142.jpg

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're best bet would be to return to stock. the stock lighting sucks, sure. But you'll see batter than those aftermarket ones. i'm neck deep in research on lighting. and i'm finding even if i spend the money for the Morimotos... its still only a marginal upgrade. i'm just gonna put light bars on. that'll help me see. lol

OP
OP
MassHoe04

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a grille swap already to get back to stock. It is not perfect condition, but god enough for now. At least I set myself up for stock headlights and corner lights this summer. I already had some of the brightest Xenon bulbs from Sylvania, because Advance Auto did not have the regular bulbs when I needed one to replace a burnt bulb. I got it discounted to the same price as the Sylstars. I'll get new pods this summer and swap over these Xenon bulbs. Should be pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos