Headlight brightness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jer-Z-Devil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a 05 Denali XL and put new bulbs in since the pass side seemed dim. Have the 9005 xtra vision. The drivers side has a much brighter blue tint but the pass side is still dull. Is there a way of cleaning the inside of the housing - projector? The bulbs are in correct and the pins are in tight. The pass side housing does seem to move up and down alot more than the drivers side. When I move the housing the light stays the same brightness and the light moves up and down also. Thanks for any help on this matter. This site has already helped in many ways.

ScubaJim

Reaction score
Try switching the bulbs to be certain its the housing lens not the bulb or even worse an electrical issue. Be certain its seated correctly. You should be able to tell simply looking at the housing if that is the issue though. It would be noticeably fogged or damaged in some way. The lens can be polished but again I would expect it to be obvious.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your bulb socket might be getting corroded inside on the connectors, had the same problem with my passenger side years ago before I did HID's. Didn't see anything wrong with anything and blamed it on bulbs, ended up having a melted socket and had to replace it.

Eric05z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How hard was it to add in the HIDs? Also what brand did you go with?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the glare like considering you have projector headlights?

I think very minimal compared to regular halogen headlights on other cars! I love the HID's in the headlights, but for my fogs when I turn those on that's a whole different story! I don't use my fogs very often at all because of the glare but with HID's they are pretty helpful for me when I need them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo