Headlight and taillight issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_GAV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I own a 2017 GMC Yukon with just over 60k on it. At around 28k I started having issues with my headlights flickering on and off and then the taillights randomly not working as well. Over time I've gone to GMC and Chevy dealerships as well as 2 automotive electricians. Currently the LED ring inside the right front headlight will come on when I start the car, within seconds start to flicker and then go out leaving only the low beam that works. Also whenever I use my turn signals (either side) the rear right turn signal indicator light starts rapidly flashing as well as the turn signal, as if there bad to warn me to replace them, however there new as are the 2 sets of headlights that I currently drive with in rear storage space of my yukon to prove to these technicians that it's not the headlights themselves. This has cost me entirely to much money to still not know why this is still happening. Any info to pass on to the next technician would be great. Thank you.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked your ground connections? No need to pay someone to do that. I think your rig has 3 of them but I may be wrong.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this could be a symptom of Ground G218 up on the driver side dash under the speaker/tweeter cover. That ground supplies ground to the body control module or BCM as it is abbreviated.

PS - why are these technicians charging you when they aren't diagnosing (as in finding the root cause of the problem) nor have they repaired anything anything?

See this video - it's worth a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont