Headlamp assembly, Z71 or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was looking on Rockauto for headlights and there seems to be two versions? Z71 and regular. However, if you look up the grills, the only kind available is a Z71. So, are there two kinds or is everything considered Z71?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure why your only seeing one grill but it shows 2 grills for me for various years. one grill for the composite and one for sealed beam or the old school bulbs. the headlight assemblies have no real difference besides the z71 generally came standard with the composite assemblies. the other versions still generally came with the composite housings but some came with the grill for the square bulbs. the only other thing available would be the sealed beam housing retrofit to hold newer style bulbs.

99YukonSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can swap to LED headlights (5x7 sealed beam) if you swap the grill also and all the marker lights. I did this to mine and use the trucklites LED headlights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094