headers, ypipe, tune and dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its been a busy year but finally had some time and funds to put into the big black hoe. Previously she had just a volant intake with bumper extension and corsa touring exhaust. Added some month old rockstar 20s and tires last month. Ordered dynatech headers, ypipe and had a tune done this past week and while the numbers don't really impress me, I'm much happier with the pep in her step. I was trying to avoid running any kind of boost but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore and will hopefully happen in the next couple years. Anyway, heres some pictures........

Attachments

• IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I def thought about a cam but being that its a daily driver got lost in all the info. I've def seen my share of mismatched cams for daily drivers.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has a nice torque curve and the power is nice and smooth.
I would call Comp Cams and tell them what you have, how you use it, and they will dial you in with the best cam for you.

I think either of these cams would better suite your towing needs...
Comp Cams 54-408-11
Comp Cams 54-451-11

Last edited:
OP
OP
elcapitanmas

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really even tow that much, and when I do, its just a 17ft alum boat so its really not that heavy. A mild cam is def a possibility, so its back to the research i go.

FreshLikeOprah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stall and cam will wake it up a lot. A lot of guys like the BTR Truck cam. Go to Performancetrucks.net and do some research. A baby cam will bring you up to 300whp. Or wait for the right deal on a LQ4 and you'll be closer to 300whp without a cam and have more torque. LQ4 with 243 heads and a decent cam will give you around 420-440rwhp. Roughly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
payneml