Headers for a '13 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What kind of headers is everyone running with the stock y-pipe and cats?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that can be ran with the stock Y-pipe with it's cats are shorty headers and they do virtually nothing for performance as compared to the stock manifolds.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most headers come with catless or catted Y-pipes. @badandyturbo is running that set from Amazon, under $200 yesterday and he's run good at the race track with them. @randeez is running Speed Engineering headers if I'm remembering right on his Denali.

The stock manifolds are near the equivalent of shorties already, there not much to be gained by running them compared with long tubes.

I need to replace my cats and considered headers but would rather keep the noise down so am keeping the stock manifolds but getting a performance y-pipe and cats instead. Also easier for me to install in my driveway than headers.

What are your goals and what have you done to the truck?

Last edited:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, the speed engineering 1-7/8 i have were pretty cheap under 400 iirc, longtubes and ypipe, deletes all cats. fit is pretty good I had to massage the driver side a little bit to get rid of some rubbing under acceleration, they make a 1-3/4 that are a little cheaper and might not have the same problems.
i couldnt get the ypipe to seal up that great so i had a friend weld some vbands at each header, all the slip connections and will eventually vband at the connection to the stock exhaust. still trying to decide if i want to try and stuff a small resonator on it somewhere to quiet it down some more

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in CA so I went with JBA shorties. Can't comment on the performance aspect, but they look good and added a little sound :driver: