Head Unit Replacement Recommendations for 2006 Tahoe LT w/Bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groundhog66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm still running the stock head unit in my 2006 Tahoe LT w/Bose, and would like to replace it. The radio reception is terrible, so it needs to go. Here are some features I'd like...

Budget is +/- $500

I'd like something that is bluetooth compatible, so I can stream music from my phone.

Navigation would be okay, but not necessary.

Ability to receive phone calls would be a plus.

I haven't purchased audio gear in quite some time, and have no idea what's out there. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Groundhog66

Groundhog66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

That's a great start, thank you. At least now I know all the components needed, to make everything function properly. Is the USB adapter just an optional piece, seems like a good idea to add that instead of just having a cig lighter.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great start, thank you. At least now I know all the components needed, to make everything function properly. Is the USB adapter just an optional piece, seems like a good idea to add that instead of just having a cig lighter.
Yes it is. Most Radios like this just have a few inches of cable hanging out the back with the USB female connector. Ask me why, but it seems the trent is to have the AUX input in the back as well. :emotions122:
So this little adapter works/solves both. If you plan on using the AUX input for anything, you may need to use an 3.5 TRS to 3.5 TRRS cable. Most new radios are all 4 pole (trrs) and using the normal 3 pole (trs) cable can cause distortion.
Happy haunting.

Last edited:

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're about to blow your budget. he,he
Nice unit, just make sure it fit your needs, whatever you buy.
e.g. I wanted easy access to the CD, rear view, usb, aux. Done.

OP
OP
Groundhog66

Groundhog66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, you're about to blow your budget. he,he
Nice unit, just make sure it fit your needs, whatever you buy.
e.g. I wanted easy access to the CD, rear view, usb, aux. Done.

Yeah, I'm pretty much going to be doubling my budget. I set my budget before I realized all the extras that are needed, to make the steering wheel controls work and other components work together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts