Head Rest screen removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ct Pirate

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you @Ct Pirate . I was pretty much convinced that I was going to remove them before I bought my Yukon, but now I doubt that I will. I hardly ever have anyone in the back seat, and am not really concerned about the slightly affected view forward of those passengers when I do. That said, when I've sat in the back seat to test the screens, they are WAY too close to my face to be useful. The viewing position is really uncomfortable for my 50 year old eyes. I think it's ridiculous that we're forced to pay almost $2K for this system to get the Denali Reserve Package and Super Cruise (at least that's the way it is here, in the Pacific NW). I will probably never use them, and with the advanced state of smart phones and tablets these days, not to mention streaming options, the only scenario where I see the system as being useful would be if I had very young children on board (my daughter is 16). ;)

Yeah Chris, were TOTALLY on the same page. My 55 year old eyes are not going to be watching them at all, and my kids are 28/32 and out on their own so that's out too. 2K out the window

I gotta tell you that rearview mirror that goes to a camera also, while it's a neat concept I messes me up more trying to use it than it's worth.

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
Yeah Chris, were TOTALLY on the same page. My 55 year old eyes are not going to be watching them at all, and my kids are 28/32 and out on their own so that's out too. 2K out the window

I gotta tell you that rearview mirror that goes to a camera also, while it's a neat concept I messes me up more trying to use it than it's worth.
I actually like the rearview mirror, however having the camera placed at the back top edge of the vehicle (versus at the back of the cab on my Sierra HD, with the bed behind it) does distort the image, especially when you are stopped and there is someone behind you.

BTW, I love the Submariner in your profile pic! You have great tastes!

OP
OP
Ct Pirate

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah as a recent convert to glasses it messes with quick focusing back and forth between the dash, the road, then the rear camera. It will take some getting used to.

Thanks on the Sub, spent my entire life admiring them and finally went all in. And I love it, it's amazing. You don't even have to look at it to appreciate it, just the heft of it on your wrist is so satisfying. In the words of Ferris Bueller "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar