Head Rest screen removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the screens in the second row that are mounted on the back of the driver and passenger seats on the Yukon Ultimate package? They are just all in the passengers faces if the person in the front seats have a longer leg.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Do a search. There is at least one linked video to the complete removal process. Incidentally, the process looks pretty involved (there's a lot to "undo").

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear from anyone who has done this, and if there are any issues.

OP
OP
Ct Pirate

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I did some searching but I didn't hit the right search results I guess. Thanks!

Yeah looks quite involved but do able. Now do I tear apart a one month old $106,000 vehicle for the 15 times a year someone is sitting in the back? Hmmmmmm

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
prime example of something that is way over engineered. There should be a simple 2 minute removal/install process with a quick release mechanism.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not concerned with how close a rear passenger is to them (since the rear seats can move back, where my '09's rear seats didn't move). I'm more concerned with the fact that they block another 4" or so of my view out of the back/side window. Still, I'm not going about the removal process ANY time soon, if ever. It looks way too involved for me to want to bother.

OP
OP
Ct Pirate

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm with ya, I probably won't take them out either. But when sitting back there it's literately like having a 55' flat panel in your living room 1.5 ft from your face. For having such big room in the XL it makes you feel closed in. And that's' with the rear seats all the way back.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My black lab has turned a screen on with his nose a couple times. lol

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I agree with you @Ct Pirate . I was pretty much convinced that I was going to remove them before I bought my Yukon, but now I doubt that I will. I hardly ever have anyone in the back seat, and am not really concerned about the slightly affected view forward of those passengers when I do. That said, when I've sat in the back seat to test the screens, they are WAY too close to my face to be useful. The viewing position is really uncomfortable for my 50 year old eyes. I think it's ridiculous that we're forced to pay almost $2K for this system to get the Denali Reserve Package and Super Cruise (at least that's the way it is here, in the Pacific NW). I will probably never use them, and with the advanced state of smart phones and tablets these days, not to mention streaming options, the only scenario where I see the system as being useful would be if I had very young children on board (my daughter is 16). ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts