HD Hood Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canaan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just grabbed that off the 1st post in this thread.... are ya sure it’s a chevy hood?

edit.... could replacement aftermarket hood that you bought...
Yes it has a GM prt number on it. 9236X51 is the part number it has stamped on it

Cdelph

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2004 xl Denali with only 95k miles. I got to have the hood painted and have really wanted to put a HD hood on instead since I got to have it painted anyways. I see where u have to cut the hood to fit the headlights. Is it even possible to but Tahoe headlights in since they aren’t as tall and the hood fit without cutting?

Cdelph

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2004 xl Denali with only 95k miles. I got to have the hood painted and have really wanted to put a HD hood on instead since I got to have it painted anyways. I see where u have to cut the hood to fit the headlights. Is it even possible to but Tahoe headlights in since they aren’t as tall and the hood fit without cutting?
Answer my own question I see now that the fender is different on Tahoe. I will be cuttin a good to fit

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
You would have a huge gap between the Tahoe headlight and the gmc fender. Obviously the gmc headlights are taller , so the fender is....taller